Volunteering at Torch
Welcome to Torch and thank you for being prepared to be a helping hand from the church to our local community.
This formal application should only take about 10 minutes to complete. Once you have submitted the form, we will take up a reference with your church leader and arrange for a DBS check.
As a volunteer you must:
- make a formal application via ChurchSuite.
- be 18 years of age or over.
- be a Christian (in active relationship with the Lord Jesus and willing to pray with people).
- have been a “member” of your Church for a minimum period of 6 months.
- be endorsed by your church leader.
- have a suitable DBS
- have a mobile phone and access to WhatsApp.
- be committed to complete your assigned task and report back to the Coordinator.
- be able to exercise wisdom, good judgement and be flexible.
- be a team player with together with other volunteers for the good of our clients.
Full details of the role you are applying for are given in the Volunteer Role Description.
If you wish to proceed, please Apply to volunteer with Torch.
As part of your induction to Torch, we will send you the Safeguarding Policy and Volunteer Handbook. These contain important information about how Torch is run for your safety and the safety of our clients. We will require you to read these and confirm in writing that you agree with and will uphold these. You will also be required to be up to date with your Safeguarding Training or attend a training session that we will provide.
We will hold your details securely in ChurchSuite and other secure systems, You can ask to see, modify or if necessary remove all your details at any time.
We will use the details you provide to populate our records and record your initial preferences as to how you may be able to help others, however, these can always be changed at a later date. We will try to match your offer of help with requests that we receive. Our aim is to be as flexible as possible so that we can respond to the ever-changing needs of clients. It is important to note that you have the final say in what you choose to do and when to do it.
Please note that if for any reason you are restricted to being at home, you can still volunteer for some tasks and support this work. Above all we would value your prayer support.
Once you have applied, we will also add you to the Applicants WhatsApp Group so that you can stay in touch with news whilst your application is progressed.
If you have any questions, or you would like to be removed from the list of volunteers, please contact the Torch Office.
Torch Help Hub
A company limited by guarantee, registered in England and Wales, No. 06996356. Registered Charity No. 1131576